“A” CARRIER TRUCK SPECIFIC POLICY (NOT CONTAINER)
- A Carrier’s License A may use an authorized vehicle to carry goods for hire or hire for or any trade or business carried on by him as a carrier of goods.
- Issued to sole proprietorship / partnership / Private Limited company / Limited Company / association / cooperative
- The license is granted to the residents of Sarawak or has at least 51% equity holding of the residents of Sarawak
- Doing business in the field of transportation
- Proof of requirement (contract) for transportation services;
- Paid-up capital of at least RM200,000 for Private Limited (Sdn Bhd) companies and Limited (Berhad) companies and RM 50,000 for Bumiputera-owned companies.
- Ratio setting of 1 Prime Mover: 1 Semi Trailer
“A” CARRIER TRUCK (CONTAINER) SPECIFIC POLICY
- Registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) or the Cooperative Commission of Malaysia (SKM);
- Has equity in 51% Bumiputera and 49% non -bumiputera companies;
- Evidence of need for transportation services;
- Setting a maximum ratio of 1: 7 i.e. 1 prime mover to 7 trailers;
- Paid-up capital of at least RM 500,000.
“C” CARRIER TRUCK SPECIFIC POLICY
- A license which enables the holder to use a vehicle permitted to carry his own goods for or in connection with any trade or business carried on by him, but shall be a condition of the license that no vehicle is permitted to be used to carry goods for hire or wages other than the goods sold and delivered by the licensee under a contract of sale in which a charge is made for the delivery of the goods.
- Issuance of licenses openly to sole proprietorships, partnerships, societies, cooperatives, Private Limited Companies or Limited Companies;
- Paid-up capital of at least RM100,000.00 for Private Limited Companies and Limited Companies while for Bumiputera-owned companies at least RM 25,000.00;
- The company’s equity is allowed 100% foreign ownership;
- Trucks with a BDM (Weight With Load) of 5,000 kg and below are exempted from owning a C Truck license if carrying their own belongings.
- The involvement and success of cooperatives is still limited and at a low level.
- Government policy encourages cooperatives to be involved in the commercial vehicle services business chain.
SPESIFIC POLICY OF TAXIS/EXECUTIVE TAXI & CAR RENTAL – INDIVIDUALS
- Aged between 21 – 60 years until the date of application
- Priority to former security personnel and former government drivers
- Apply at the base where the applicant is resident.
- Applicants will be interviewed by the Sarawak CVLB secretariat
- The age limit of vehicles allowed to be licensed does not exceed 6 years from the date of registration with the Road Transport Department (JPJ)
- The Assistant Driver to be appointed must consist of immediate family members such as father / mother / son / husband / wife / brother / sister / brother. While the appointment of Assistant Drivers other than the immediate family is subject to the approval of the Board.
- Age limit for taxis / executive taxis up to the age of the vehicle 15 years.
- School buses operate exclusively to carry pupils or staff of schools or other educational institutions within an area of operation restricted within the same Division
- Issued to sole proprietorships, partnerships, private limited, limited, associations, cooperatives and educational institutions;
- From 1 January 1988 all school bus licensees are required to paint school buses in ‘amber’ in accordance with the specifications as stated in the School Buses (Colors and Marks) Rules 1987;
- Age limit for school buses up to 30 years of vehicle age.
- Issued to sole proprietorships / partnerships, private limited companies, limited companies, societies or cooperatives;
- Paid-up capital of at least RM100,000 for Private Limited (Sdn Bhd) companies and Limited (Berhad) companies and RM 25,000 for Bumiputera-owned companies.
- Proof of contract employee transportation requirements.
- Workers Bus Color is ‘Datsun Blue’
- Age limit for employee buses up to 30 years of vehicle age.