Leading the transformation of World Class Commercial Vehicle Licensing Services
Ensuring Highly Competitive, Transparent, Integrity and Integrated Commercial Vehicle Licensing Services
Core and Strategy
Jurisdiction and Functions
- Consider and approve applications to obtain new licenses, renew and change conditions for all classes of commercial vehicle licenses throughout the states of Sabah and Sarawak
- Impose conditions on all classes of commercial vehicle licenses which include the determination of fare rates, determination of fare levels, itineraries, number of passengers, area of operation, weight and type of goods, handling matters and other special conditions.
- Suspend, revoke or impose any appropriate punishment on any class of commercial vehicle license convicted of violating the conditions of the license or failing to comply with any provision of the CVLB Act 1987 (Act 334) and other laws in force.
Determine the validity period of the license for all classes of commercial vehicle licenses.
- Licensing commercial vehicles from Sabah, Brunei, and West Kalimantan Indonesia or other countries allowed to operate in Sarawak.
- Make a study of new routes before considering the application to obtain a bus license for the routes applied for.
- Collect records, financial statements, statistics or other documents relating to the business of commercial vehicle licensees.
- Determine application procedures, process and consider license applications, impose fees, set penalties and determine identification marks to commercial vehicles.